Is this accurate about the 25th word phrase?
So the 24 words is just like each word represents 11 bit arrangement right, and so when you start adding 11 x 24 and stack them together, to guess that exact arrangement is astronomical right?
So I thought, ok, the passphrase thing is one extra 11 bit. But I saw you can add like way more characters that no way 11 bits could be used to describe that.
So effectively what's happening, is that last 25th word (I'm saying effectively like all in all at the end of the day) being turned into just a longer than 11 bits and tacked on to the end of that long string of that (264 - checksum = )254 bits?
But I don't get it, someone said the 25th word can be up to 100 characters which is like at least 800 extra bits, so that would mean the entropy would be like 1054 bits? I just don't get it.
Thanks
[link] [comments]
from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/4dl0W5h
No comments