Am I getting scammed?

Hi fellow bitcoin users, I just want to start of by saying there's very little I know about bitcoin and whatever I do know is because of my partner who's been doing it for years.

Recently I've been job hunting and got hired by a company (let's call that company 'X') through a recruitment website, everything looked pretty legit at first and my starting day was supposed to be on 24th Nov 2020. Few days prior they sent me a wooping check of 2980$ before I've done a shread of work and said 'we're a trust based company' and that they wanted me to buy specific softwares and fax machines and laptops from their partner companies so I could make a mini office and work from home. The agreement said if I was terminated or quit I could only return the money and not the equipment which seemed a bit sus but I let it slide.

Few days ago, they said 'okay no equipment, invest it in bitcoin' and that is exactly where I freaked out. Why would any company give out nearly 3k to a 'stranger' and ask them to invest that money in bitcoin. What's going on?

I have contacted my bank to confirm if the 3k check was deposited and they said it was.

TLDR; company I got hired at gave me nearly 3k before I even started work and asked me to invest that money in Bitcoin. What's goin on?

submitted by /u/WiseBlueWhale
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3pupshY

No comments

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.