bitcoin and some alts saved my ass.
I just moved in to a new apartment. this month I spent 5300 usd to get away from my ex girlfriend. I had to cash out in order to do this.
I am definitely far more worried about my ex girlfriend than I am myself.
In the past year I have lived in 3 different apartments and shelled out a total of 15000 usd because of her behavior. It wasn't all entirely because of her but may be 50% of the losses came from her and the other 50% coming from poor decision making from me. I lost one job because of covid-19 and I got fired from another one directly because upper management had no clue what they were doing. In the past 2 years, I spent perhaps only 42 days unemployed.
In April of this year me and her moved back to her home town. There was a job waiting for me in that city. Then she tried imposing some extremely radical and unnecessary (as dictated by a doctor) lifestyle changes on me after being together for nearly 2 years with no changes. In my opinion she has some strange ideology. She thinks Sungazing is a way to substitute for eating real food to start, and tries to avoid conventional medicine and doctors as much as possible. She tried forcing me to eat vegan and quit vaping.
Since we moved into our apartment in April of this year she has gradually begun to accumulate a large amount of debt by gambling on the stock market. It's now at $12000. She's maxed out one of her credit cards on loans. Minimum payments will come out to 850 usd this month and she doesn't want to get a job.
About ten days ago she started looking for work. Minimum wage jobs. This made me a little bit happy because she stopped paying rent two months ago (couldnt afford to) and she likes to live in expensive places. One week ago today she said she stopped looking for work and would instead ask to borrow money from family members so she could continue to gamble on the stock market. I immediately reached out to 2 millionaires that I personally know so that I could borrow money from them to help take care of her debt. I told them that I am 100% certain I am going to be leaving her. Today that happened, but I wasn't able to borrow money from them.
I moved out of our apartment while she was out busy doing something else for a few hours. I am a minimalist so I don't have much to begin with. This only took about 2 hours. Then before she had a chance to go home I took her out to dinner. I asked her if she had borrowed money from her family and she said no. I then handed her an envelope full of $3000 in cash. I told her she's not going to use this money to spend on futures trading. And I told her I had to sell 15% of my portfolio to get her this. she made an excuse and said, "I just need more time to learn the market." I just mentally dismissed it as an excuse. I took her home up shortly before we arrived I took her to a quiet place where we could talk. I pulled out my house keys and said I moved into a new apartment while she was out. See reacted very calmly. She's 40 so that was to be expected.
Later that evening we were both crying and talking about things she could do to take care of herself like find a new job and I would supplement her rent. I did a little bit of apartment searching for her online. Places that cost half of what we rent now. She said she has too many things. I told her she could sell those things. Before I left her I said to her, "I am crying because I want to know that you can take care of yourself. I have to take care of myself before I can take care of other people." She just said to me that I don't understand her and she will find a way.
Did I do anything wrong? Am I an asshole? If I had stayed with her I would be underwater with our bills. Everyone else I told about this said that I don't have to take care of her. Nonetheless I plan to help her in this bull run if I can, but i only make a little more than 2000 USD each month.
[link] [comments]
from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3n42qN3
No comments